Connect your Density Dashboard account with Google Calendar to compare room-booking trends with accurate occupancy data. With this integration, you can:
- Measure meeting room utilization
- Measure utilization vs. bookings
- Identify and measure inefficient booking behavior
- Determine which meetings were booked but unattended
Note: Density does not store calendar events on Density servers. Calendar event data is requested on your behalf when the page loads and is used to generate the reports.
At a high level, the workflow is:
- Authorize Density for access to your Google Calendar account
- Map your Google Calendar spaces to Density spaces
- Visit the 'Meetings' page of the space you want to view
Step 1: Authorize Density for access to your Google Calendar account
Visit Dashboard Integrations and click "Activate" in the Google Calendar integration row. Follow the instructions on the authorization pages. Once the authorization workflow is complete, you will be returned to the Dashboard Integrations page and see a "Success!" popup.
Step 2: Map your Google Calendar spaces to Density spaces
Now that your Google Calendar account is linked to Density, you can map Google Calendar spaces to Density spaces.
Follow this tutorial to link the spaces together.
Step 3: Visit the 'Meetings' page of the space you want to view
Visit the Spaces Page and select the "Meetings" tab to visualize your room-booking data.
Note: The meetings tab only shows up for spaces or rooms that have been assigned the space function "conference room" or "meeting room."