- Verify it has have power
- Sensor is plugged in and LED light is on at front of device.
- If not, then it is not receiving power or connectivity. Plug in device.
2. Verify it has IP address and network configuration, can access DNS, and can communicate with the internet
- Use the Unit Setup app to scan for the device, select Validate > Run validation.
- This will provide a high level of Network Details > Gather Network Info to download network information to help inform potential network issue. Information automatically and securely sent to Density.
3. If you see a eth0 MAC Address, validate if it is a DHCP issue (most likely issue)
- If you see that you are not connected to the internet, but can see switch information, follow these recommended steps.
- Check that the device is on the expected port
- Check what subdomain they're on
- Check what network they're on
- Check the VLAN
- Verify the packets are making it to the router
- Verify DHCP is available for VLAN/Subnet
- Verify DNS configuration is correct
- Verify ACLs are correct based on network config
- Power cycle device
4. If you do not see a mac address for eth0 and no communication with the switch
- Verify that port on the switch is active
- Verify the switch can see the device mac address
- Verify link rate on the switch
- Plug the sensor into a known good port to verify the sensor is functional
- If it comes online, plug the sensor back into its original port using a new cable. If it comes online, then the cable is faulty.
Need assistance? Please reach out to email@example.com