How to Create a Doorway
Step-by-step instructions are below:
Important: If you have two sensors installed for a wide doorway, please reach out to support to set up the doorway (email@example.com).
- Login to dashboard.density.io
- At the top right, click Admin.
- Select Locations in the drop-down.
- At the top right, click Add a building.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your building (all fields can be edited later if needed).
- OPTIONAL: You can select a space function, upload a photo, and enter an Address but it is not required.
- Scroll to Doorways and click Add a new doorway.
- A pop-up window titled New doorway appears.
- In the Name field, enter the name of a doorway you want to assign to a sensor.
- Select if the sensor is inside or outside the space. Note: You determine its location by determining if the sensor is located in the space you want to collect data for or if it is on the other side of the doorway (outside the space).
- OPTIONAL: You can add in the height of your sensor to the floor and the width of the doorway. This is helpful to double check if you installed correctly based on the requirements in the Install Doc and allows our support team to more quickly help with troubleshooting.
- Select either Yes or No to determine if your sensor might need to be installed differently based on the how much mounting space there is. Note: This is helpful for customers who have not installed a sensor yet.
- Under Power option select how the sensor will be powered.
- OPTIONAL: You can upload a photo of the installation. This will help you if you are unsure which doorway name represents the actual doorway. It also helps our support team in case you have questions about your installation.
- Once complete, click Save doorway to save the doorway to the building you just created.
- Confirm that the doorway you just created is selected under the Doorways section.
- At the top right, click Save after you have created all doorways of the building.
Once your sensor(s) are online, you will need to attach each sensor to the correct doorway. To do this, follow the instructions in our Unit Setup Guide.
You will need to download our Unit Setup App to attach each doorway.
Have questions? We'd love to help. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org