There are many reasons to set up alerts for your spaces. You may want to know if your space is getting close to its legal capacity or if it is becoming less busy in order to send cleaning staff to tend to it.
Especially during and after COVID-19 it is increasingly important to be know in real-time when your space reaches a certain density level.
There are two ways to receive alerts: SMS or push notifications.
To set up an SMS alert to be sent to your phone, follow the below steps.
Note: To set up alerts yourself, you must have either Admin or Owner permissions. You can set up alerts for team members that do not have a Density login or enough permissions.
- Login to dashboard.density.io
- In the Spaces tab, select your desired space
- At the top right, click Alerts
- In the drop down menu, select Add an alert
- Enter the mobile number you wish to receive the SMS alert -- Note: click the country flag to change the country code
- In the drop down menu, select with Greater than or Less than depending on whether you want to be alerted of a maximum or minimum occupancy
- Enter the number of max or min amount of people
- In the Notify me at most drop down menu select at what frequency you wish to receive the alert
- Click Save when you want to set the alert live
To set up a push notification, follow the below steps.
Note: To set up push notifications, you must have either Admin or Owner permissions.
- Open the blue Density Mobile app (iOS or Android)
- Login with your same credentials that you use to login to the Density dashboard.
- At the top of app, tap on the space name to see all spaces in your portfolio.
- Tap the desired space.
- At the top right, tap the bell icon. This will swipe to a new screen.
- At the top right tap the "+" icon.
- Tap the first Select an item.. field to select whether you want to be notified if occupancy gets to be above or below a specific threshold.
- In the people field, enter the occupancy number
- Tap the second Select an item... to select how often you would like to receive push notifications if the event occurs.
- Optional: Tap Advanced Settings if you want to get a 2nd notification if level of occupancy increases by a certain number of people.
- In the lower right corner tap Save to set up the push notification alert.