Many companies are using square foot per person as a metric to support their safe return to work strategies.
You can create customized reports in Dashboard to track this metric over time per space or a rollup of multiple spaces.
To set up this report, you must first input your square footage of your space(s). To do this:
- Login to dashboard.density.io
- On the left side, select the desired space
- At the top right, click the wheel icon to Manage Space
- Click Edit
- Inside the Meta section, input the square feet in the Size field.
- Optional: You can also enter the Target Capacity of the space to track utilization and Annual Rent to track available capacity
- Click Save when finished
Now that you have entered the square feet of the space, you can set up your Square Feet per Person reports in the Dashboard.
Our recommendation is to create at least two reports, but this will very based on your strategy and needs
- One report to show a historical baseline of the square footage per person prior to COVID-19
- Another report to show ongoing square footage per person once they start coming back to your spaces.
To create the square foot per person report:
- At the top left, click Dashboards
- Click the Dashboard name to see a dropdown of already created Dashboards and select the relevant Dashboard or you can click the Add a dashboard button in that same menu
- At the top right, click Edit dashboard
- Click Create new report
- In the search bar, enter "square" and depending on whether you want to track a singular space or compare multiple spaces, select either the Square Feet per Person or Square Feet per Person Rollup report then click Next
- Once you have filled out all the fields, click Save*
- At the top right corner click Save to save the report to your Dashboard
*The empty fields is where you can customize your report. We recommend creating this report twice with two different time ranges:
- To create a historical baseline, under Time Range select Absolute time period and choose the date your space reopened from Winter holiday until the 2nd or 3rd week of February depending on when COVID started to impact attendance (this is typically a couple of days or a week before there was a Shelter in Place mandate)
- Create another report, but with a time range that is ongoing. We recommend selecting Last Week to support weekly reporting and to see trend over time.
Important: Remember to select a Time Segment for this report so that it only shows data for the days and hours people are in your spaces. To learn how to create time segments, check out this article.
You can also share these reports in recurring email digests. To learn how to create an email report, check out this article.
Have a question or some feedback? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org