This article is most helpful once your sensor is online and assigned to a space/door (check out this help article to learn how to assign a sensor to a space in your Dashboard). Your sensor(s) needs a couple of days of data before they can provide meaningful reporting. We recommend bookmarking this article for future reference and to share with your team once they're ready to onboard.
Your Density sensor is online and counting. What next?
This article will provide a high-level overview of the Density Dashboard and its main features. If you have specific questions you cannot find in this article reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Module 1: Spaces
Important: You must create spaces in your Dashboard first before utilizing this module. To learn how to setup your Dashboard, check out this video.
Every time you login to Density Dashboard, you land on the Spaces module. This module provides a snapshot view of your spaces and doorways. Use it to quickly see what is happening in a particular space right now or at a specific time range. Spaces is a great way to easily tell how many people enter a space and how busy that space gets.
Each space will show the following metrics:
- Daily Entrances (total amount of entrances that day during the hours selected)
- Entrances per Hour (total amount entrances during that hour)
- Daily Peak Occupancy (the max amount of people in a space that day)
- Average Peak Occupancy per Hour (the average peak occupancy each day, this is only helpful if you are looking at more than 1 week of data)
- Live Events (entrances and exits happening in the space in real-time)
- Metadata of the space (Operating hours, doors attached to the space, time zone, etc)
Because you cannot compare spaces in this view, we do not recommend it for trend analysis.
Pro Tip: If you do want to download every event (entrance or exit) at the second it happened over a specific time range, scroll down to the bottom and download the Raw Events. This is best when you can upload the .csv into Excel or another analytic software to manipulate the data as needed.
Module 2: Analytics
Analytics is a flexible reporting tool to easily compare metrics across multiple spaces. Use Analytics as your main tool for spotting trends and reviewing the performance of your portfolio across any time range.
You can run reports on the following metrics at a daily, hourly, or 15-minute interval:
- Occupancy (total people in the space)
- Utilization (% of occupants against the space's target capacity)
You can run reports on each metric
For a more in-depth review, check out this product demo video.
Pro Tip: You can save a report to access later. Other users cannot access the reports you save. If you prefer to download the data in a .csv click the download icon at the top right. You can download either a summary of the report or a time series.
Module 3: Dashboards
Think of Dashboards as a way to communicate spaces' performance in an Executive Summary view. Depending on your use case(s) there are different reports you can create to show the performance of a particular space or set of spaces. Included in the appendix is a list of all the reports you can add to your Dashboards and an explanation of how to use them.
We recommend creating a different Dashboards for each use case of space type in your portfolio. Because Dashboards are meant to be shared via email digests, having a focused Dashboards for each of your use cases enables you to send targeted data to various (to learn how to create an email report, check out this article).
Pro Tip: You can add headers and text to your Dashboards to explain reports for easier consumption.
Module 4: Live
Live shows you what is happening in real-time in your spaces by showing a visual of the current entrances and exits. This view is great for testing your sensor when it first comes online or for staff that wants to quickly check the frequency of visits happening right now.
Definitions of all reports available in the Dashboard.
- Daily Peaks - This report is most useful for highly-trafficked spaces with many entrances per minute at peak.
- Total Visits One Space - Do you want to know how many daily visits you had over the course of a week? This report will allow you to view the total number of visits, for one or more time segments, to get a solid grasp of how much your space is being used.
- Total Visits Multiple Spaces - Do you want to compare the number of visits between multiple spaces? This report is useful in understanding and comparing a high-level view of traffic across your portfolio. It can serve as a good summary for a building or comparing multiple spaces of similar type (conference room, cafeteria, etc.).
- Daily Visits - Want to understand how different time segments (such as Breakfast vs. Lunch) compare to each other over a period of time? This report allows you to understand the daily number of visitors per time segment.
- Surpassed Capacity - Want to understand how frequently your space is going over capacity? This report will allow you to visualize and understand the points throughout the week your space is quiet, busy, and overcapacity, based on how you define those ranges.
- Comparative Performance - Want to understand how your space is performing over time? This report surfaces weekly, monthly, or quarterly insights, allowing you to compare and understand how it's changing over time. By surfacing total visits, the busiest day of the week, and the busiest hour, you can get a high-level view of how your space is being used.
- Next Week Forecast - Want to understand how many visitors your space is likely to have next week? This report will use historical data to predict the number of daily visitors next week, along with the estimated margin of error.
- Utilization - Want to compare the overall utilization of your spaces? This report surfaces overall utilization over a given time period, which is great for ranking the efficiency of spaces. Use it to surface under-performing or over-utilized spaces.
- Hourly Breakdown - Do you want to understand visit trends on an hourly and daily basis? This report renders a heatmap of hourly visits or average peak count, over the course of a week. It's great for understanding occupancy patterns in any type of space.
- Booking Behavior - Do you want to understand who on your team is using bookings appropriately and who's not? This report will allow you to see how many meetings individuals scheduled over a period of time, and what portion of those were unattended.
- Day to Day Meetings - Do you want to understand the breakdown of meetings and attendance over the course of a week? This report visualizes when meetings were scheduled and how many people attended each one.
- Meeting Attendance - Do you want to understand how effective your team is at scheduling and attending meetings? This report surfaces the percentage of meetings that are booked but unattended.
- Meeting Size - Are you curious about how large your team's meetings are? This report surfaces the attendance of your meetings over a period of time, and the percentage of the whole that each represents.
- Occupancy Distribution - Curious about what size groups are utilizing your space? This report surfaces the distribution of how many people are in the space when it’s in use.
- Occupancy Distribution Rollup - Curious about what size groups are utilizing your spaces? This report surfaces the distribution of how many people are in the selected spaces when it is in use.
- Periodic Metrics - Want to understand how your space performs over time? This report surfaces periodic entrances, exits, and peak occupancy.
- Square Feet per Person - Want to know how much square feet you allocate per person? This report used real occupancy data to calculate that based on the square footage inputted at the building level under Admin settings.
- Time Occupied - Want to know what percentage of time your space was in use? This report surfaces the amount of time (and percentage) one or more people were in the room.
- Time Occupied Rollup - Want to compare the overall utilization of your spaces? This report surfaces overall utilization over a given time segment. Use it to surface under-performing or over-utilized spaces.
- Popular Times - This report surfaces the popular times for a meeting or conference room by aggregating how frequently the space is used. It exposes usage patterns down to 15-minute intervals.